The Paradise Island Excursion from Puerto Plata, is a perfect adventure day trip to the gorgeous atoll known as Cayo Paraiso. This tour visits some of the most pristine coral reefs, ideal for snorkeling in the Northern Coast of the Dominican Republic. No trees, no streets, no stress. We drive you through the mountains of Puerto Plata province while a national tour guide will point out the scenery and tell you about Dominican culture and habits. Upon arrival at the fisher’s village, Punta Rusia, we will board the speed boat that take us to Cayo Arena, the official name of Paradise Island. On the island, you will receive snorkeling gear and life jackets for the guided snorkel tour around the island. You will observe the side of this huge coral reef as it gently drops off to the deep ocean, filled with marine life, colorful soft coral and coral rocks. After the snorkeling, you have plenty of time to soak up the sun, enjoy the view of the coast line, take your dream photos and snorkel some more inside the reef where the water is only 3 feet deep. On our way back, we stop to a restaurant for a typical Dominican lunch.
- Pick up in the morning at the meeting point given by SEAPRO.
- We will take you to Punta Rusia.
- We will board the speed boat and drive to Paradise Island.
- You will have free time on Paradise island, including guided snorkel tour.
- Back to Punta Rusia, we will stop to the restaurant for a Dominican lunch.
- Arrival to Pueto Plata in the afternoon.
* Training Required
- Adult $80.00
- Child (10 & under) $65.00
- Monday to Saturday
- Boat ride
- Snorkeling (including gear)
- Snacks & national drinks on the island
- Free time on the island
- Dominican lunch
What to Bring
- Bathing suit
- Change of clothes
- Camera/Underwater camera