OverviewIf you are looking to bring out the fisherman inside and catch some big game fish, then Deep Sea Fishing in Puerto Plata might be the excursion for you! With a rich habitat for fishing, Blue Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Yellow fin tuna, Wahoo and Barracudas are all caught in these waters at various times of the year.
We will pick you up after breakfast at the hotel and drive you to Ocean World Marina where our fishing vessel awaits with our friendly captain and crew. After a safety briefing, you will be shown which of the fishing rods will be yours for the tour time. The fish system we use is trolling, dragging the bait just under the surface of the water, while the boats drives at perfect fish hunter’s speed. Our crew will set-up your fishing gear, provide you drinks and great fisherman’s tales. When the fish bite, we start the battle of bringing the fish in. Depending on the fish, this might take a while. The bigger the catch, the longer the fight. A big blue marlin can take us on for more than an hour. After 4 hours of fishing, we return to the harbor. We drive you back before lunch.
- Pick up in the morning at the meeting point given by SEAPRO.
- We will take you to Ocean World Marina.
- A briefing and safety instructions will be given by our staff.
- We will fish 4 hours.
- Departure to Puerto Plata around 12.15pm.
* Training Required
- Child (10 & under)$59.00
- Charter (up to 8 passengers)$700.00
- Monday to Saturday
- Boat ride
- Professional fisherman (guide)
- Full equipment
- One large beer per person
- Refreshments & Water
- Light snacks
What to Bring
- Camera/Underwater camera
- Motion sickness medication