Catalina Island is a small uninhabited island recognized for it’s stunning coral reefs and as one of the best destination for snorkeling in the Dominican Republic. During the Catalina Snorkeling Excursion from Punta Cana, guests will have the opportunity to snorkel in the vibrant corals reefs at Catalina, swimming among lively school of fish enjoying the stunning Caribbean underwater fauna. We will begin the snorkeling excursion departing in the morning towards La Romana. During the drive we will pass by the sugar cane fields as your guide provides interesting information about the history of the area, general culture and rum making techniques of the country. Upon arrival to La Romana, we will board our Catamaran and depart towards Catalina. Our first stop on the island will be “The Wall,” a majestic coral wall that extends from the Island to the Caribbean Sea. Here guests will be able to encounter various Caribbean fish species, including the parrot fish, French grunt and sergeant major. After snorkeling, the guides will serve hot soup as we make our way to a private beach club in “Playa Grande,” the finest beach on the Island and exclusive only to our tour group. Upon arrival, guest will have access to 2 kilometers of white sandy crystalline beaches, a beach bar with drinks and a delicious Dominican bbq lunch buffet right at Playa Grande. We will board the Catamaran around 3:30 PM, to return to Punta Cana after an amazing day snorkeling and relaxing at Catalina Island.Note: To book the Catalina Diving option, Book HereNote: To book the Catalina Snuba option, Book Here
- We will Depart from Punta Cana approximately at 8:20 AM in the Morning
- Upon arrival at La Romana, we will board a brand new catamaran, equipped with restrooms and a deck on the second floor.
- We will stop at “The Wall” for approximately 1 Hour where guests can snorkel.
- Guides will provide information and instructions on how to use the equipment.
- We will continue to Playa Grande, a Private Beach Club exclusive to our tour group.
- At Playa Grande Guest will have access to the best beach in Catalina, Shore Snorkeling, Open Bar, Chaise Lounge, Music, Kayak and Paddle Boards (available for rental at a charge)
- We will depart Catalina Island Approximately at 3:30 PM
* Training Required
- Snorkeler $99.00
- Child (6 to 10 years old) $79.00
- Child (5 years & under) FREE
- Full equipment
- National drinks
- Dominican lunch in a Private Beach Club
- Free time at Catalina island
What to Bring
- Bathing suit
- Change of clothes
- Camera/Underwater camera